Redirecting... please be patient

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

First and foremost I want to thank my girls for a wonderful and memorable Father's Day.  You guys mean the world to me.  Breakfast was terrific, the bike ride was fun, the movie was funny and the massage was wonderful.

Being a "Daddy" is the single best experience in the world.  There is nothing like the feeling you get when you walk in the door and your kids coming running to meet you before your second foot even makes it across the threshold.  Watching the girls grow up and become little ladies is both rewarding and terrifying at the same time.  Every new experience they share with me makes so proud of them.  Hearing the excitement in their voices as they discover new things and the awe in the expressions as they unlock the mysteries of the world around them is what makes every day worth it.

With that comes the fear and questioning of "am I doing the right thing?", "am I teaching them the right lessons?" and "am I being a good father?".  I suppose all of these are common questions we all ask ourselves and it is days like today that put those fears aside.  Not that it is Father's Day, but more that today was no different than any other day (except maybe the fact I didn't have to make waffles for breakfast).

My children thought they were treating me "extra" special all weekend.  But what they don't realize is that this is how they treat me everyday.  This is how they make me feel every morning when I wake up.  Begging me to go for a bike ride, play with their dolls, go swimming and just spend every second with them let's me know they love me.  And, of course, I oblige, even if being the Prince means I am going to get eaten by a shark (yes that happened in the fairy tale today).

So thank you girls for not doing anything different today, but rather making me feel special and loved every other day of the year.

I love you,

Daddy

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Daddies do rock!! :)